Thursday, September 3, 2015

San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation | Review




I usually just use BB cream and only when I need more coverage that I use foundation. Unlike BB cream, some foundation cannot be applied with fingertips alone because they differ in consistency. San San Liquid Foundation's consistency is not that creamy and yet not thin. At first, I tried applying it onto my face with my fingertips but I thought it's not a good method because it didn't get the job done. It left a few streaks on the face looking more uneven. And so I tried a different method.



I slightly wet one of my flat sponges and used a pea-size amount of the product. NOTE: Stipple the sponge and don't rub the product against your skin to achieve a more natural look. Again, I am not a pro but I am gradually learning and what's good about my learning process is that I get to experiment things and method that would best work for me. It is not a matter of which tool is right to use but which tool is for which product's consistency as their formulation varies (especially for foundations and concealers). There are foundation that's well applied with brushes, fingertips and or sponges. That is what I learned in my self-taught makeup artistry journey.

I used San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation in this look. I just dab a sheet of oil control paper on the t-zone area on the 5th hour.

Pros:

- light weight
- affordable
- not sticky
- gives a good coverage (especially when applied by damp sponge)
- has matte finish
- it lasts for 6-8 hours (for not so oily skin)
- available nationwide

Cons:

- it smells like (buko pie or coconut oil)
- it could have been much better if the product is in a tube

You can see more photos of my makeup look using this product, here

It's recommendable because it has done its job so well for just P150 ($3.40). Impressive. I will repurchase but I'll try the shade #03 next time. I heard that it is not as dark as how it looks like outside its bottle.

I just hope they would do something about the scent so it would smell like a beauty product and not a sweet Filipino delicacy. Have you tried this product before? Did you find it good as well or a just a so-so one? Let me know in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.