Monday, July 13, 2015

Silk Secrets Oil Control Sheet | REVIEW



I'm not really bothered when I get shiny or oily especially in summer but I got this oil control sheet by Silk Secrets from Watson's when I saw it and wanted to give a try. Maybe because it was not that expensive so I took it but when I checked the receipt again, it showed me otherwise. 




I was really thinking that it just cost me Php 40+ for this but it's P72.75! Did the cashier make a mistake or my eyes fooled me? I still had to wait and use it to know if I'd regret buying it or if I'd be satisfied. 


When I got home, I went ahead and tried it but to my dismay, it didn't live up to my expectations. It is indeed a powdered blotting paper but it didn't catch much oil from my face and didn't leave a smooth feeling. I still had to use my favorite finishing powder to feel fresh again. 


I guess, Silk Secrets Oil Control Sheet will be in my "had I known, I would have not bought it" product list. It was there showcased right next to Clean and Clear Oil Control Film but I bought the former instead. Oh well, P72 is not that huge of a damage but I can't think of anything else to do with this. Sayang!

Until I realized that it can be used as a mattifier for my creamy lipsticks! I will show you how it mattifies creamy lipsticks in a separate post. So, this product didn't defeat its own purpose after all. I was able to save money by not throwing it away.

I won't repurchase and recommend this product though. I want to know more of your trusted brands when it comes to oil control sheets/blotting paper. Let me know, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.