Monday, June 22, 2015

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick | Review




This post has been sitting in the draft folder for almost a week now. Pardon me for being MIA for a week, but now I am back so let's get started.

I could never imagine myself wearing a non-matte lipstick because I find matte ones more flattering and sexy. The only time I'd probably wear a glossy lippy is when the occasion calls for it. I'm so psyched to do different makeup looks wearing these shades but first let's talk about these babies.





Lip products are girls' go-to cosmetic and that are essential to us. Do you agree with me? I think yes. We wear it when we go to work, hang out with friends, run some errands or whenever we just feel like wearing it. Personally, I feel "nude" when not wearing one. I could set BB cream, blush or mascara aside, but not lipstick/lip balm.


I got myself these gorgeous shades because I felt that these are the shades that I would actually be using. I also think that they are pretty neat to be dupes for MAC.  Let's take Cherry Bomb for example. I was able to compare it with MAC Diva (although I don't own one) and I was really astonished to see that they're almost identical. Plus, the several hundred pesos difference is really a good perk.


The best swatch I produced in natural lighting.


Wet n Wild - In The Flesh

Wet n Wild - Sandstorm


Wet n Wild - Cherry Bomb


Wet n Wild - Ravin' Raisin

Some are on a budget, myself included, and others just don't want to spend over P1k on a lipstick so I'd settle for this (for now). 

Pros: 
  • It already gives me an opaque shade in just one swipe.
  • It has a transparent cap that shows the actual shade in the tube.
  • It makes the lips look (and feel) moisturized.
  • It doesn't cake, feather or bleed especially if partnered with a good-performing lip liner.
  • It stays on for more than 8 hours. 
  • It's affordable. 
  • It's a cruelty-free brand (never has and never will be tested on animals).
Cons:
  • It has that 'vintage' (funny) smell. It could have been better if its odor is as same as Jordana's. 
  • The product is a little wobbly and not stably placed in the tube so you'll end up damaging it if you're not extra careful. 

Wet N Wild Megalast really gives you good quality for a good price. Will I repurchase/recommend? Definitely yes. What are your favorite dupes? Share them with me and I'd love to try them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.