Thursday, May 28, 2015

Product Review: Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick (Matte Dare)



Yes, I'm a sucker for matte lipsticks. I've tried both local and imported products before but it's my first time to try Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick. Let's see if we can be BFFs too. Oh wait! Let me correct myself. I think I've tried wearing this brand 20 years ago when I stole my mom's lippy while she was at work. I remember now that this lipstick had a different texture and packaging way back. Subic was abundant with small PX goods stores outside the Naval Base and my mom would buy most of her cosmetics from there. It was less than a dollar that time as she recalls. 

 

Anyhoo, I got mine from Ink HeartShop for only P120 ($2.70) in the shade of  Matte Dare. I immediately fell in love the moment I laid my eyes on it. I could not love it more after trying it. For some, the shade might be a little dark but for me it is still wearable even in summer. 


It's matte but not too dry (unlike Ever Bilena's) if you know what I mean. It is very easy to apply and doesn't emphasize dryness of the lips even if you fail to apply lip balm beforehand. Plus, I'm obsessed with the smell. It smells like chocolate with a hint of vanilla. How awesome is that, huh?
 

You might notice the lopsidedness of the lips after application because I didn't use any lip liner in here. I just wanted to test the precision of the shape of the stick. Although, I suggest to use a lip liner before hand especially when over drawing your lips. I like going beyond my lip line to create the illusion of pouty lips. 


However, I noticed that the shade is really different after applying second layer. It leans to a deep reddish shade which is strange. It's probably because of my body chemistry or whatever you may want to put it (or the lighting in the room?)


I achieved my desired shade only after the third coat. Here's what it looks like. Tadaaa! Isn't it sexy? This is why I love wearing matte lippies because I am super lazy dolling up. Wearing just this already completes the look plus I get more advantage of my graded eyeglasses because they manage to hide my tired eyes effortlessly.


Jordana Lipstick's texture 20 years ago was irritatingly sticky as opposed to its texture now. It is like you're wearing almost nothing on your lips. Although it stains to your glass or your clothes if you're not too careful. Another tip to make it even matter is to place a single ply of napkin paper (tissue paper) against your lips and gently dab some loose powder using a brush or just your fingertips. Do this before applying third coat for more lasting lip color throughout the day.

Pros:
  • It's affordable for only Php120.
  • It's not too dry on the lips although it's matte.
  • It's long-lasting.
  • It smells good.

Cons:
  • It didn't hide the cracks on my lips.
  • It transfers.
  • It needs reapplication after eating a meal/drinking.

What are your thoughts on this product? Care to share? Please subscribe here, if you don't want to miss a post. Or just comment below if you want me to review a particular product. Let's get connected, my beloved RaveViewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.