Tuesday, December 22, 2015

DIY: Last Minute Christmas Gift Idea (Part 1)



I know some of  you are still swamped and shopping plans are so hard to squeeze in your schedule. You just can't defeat your busyness no matter how zealous you are in the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping. For those who have time at home and don't want to beat the crowd, here is one of gazillion ideas that doesn't require much of your time. 

I'm pretty sure that you probably have the materials at home and these cute candles are so easy to make. You will be needing the following:

  • white candles (I used 1 ½ candle sticks for each paper cup)
  • paper cups
  • crayons 
  • popsicle sticks or skewers
  • a bowl
  • vanilla or coffee essential oil (optional)
  • Starbucks logo (optional)
Steps:

1. Break the candle sticks into tiny pieces and be careful not break the wick. Glue the candle wick at the bottom of the paper cup. Set aside.
2. I played around with the color so for my raspberry ice-blend beverage, I used 1 pink crayon and 1 magenta. Toss them with the candle wax into a bowl. 
3. Melt them using double-boiler method. I added 2-3 drops of the oil.
4. Once completely melted, carefully pour liquid into the paper cup and use two popsicle sticks to keep the wick in place. 
5. To make the "whip cream", still the same amount of candles and add two sticks of white crayon. Give it a good stir to quickly cool it down until you reach a cream-like consistency. While it is still warm, scoop it out and put it on top of the candle. Use half a stick of green crayon for the "straw".
6. Let the candles cool down for a couple of hours before carefully removing the papercups.

Trust me, it is so easy and fun to make. You can give these to someone who appreciates vanilla or coffee aroma or a coffee lover or a Starbucks fan, for that matter. They can light it up or use as a décor.


Oh by the way, before I forget, I have an ongoing giveaway in case you don't know about it yet. Your support on my first giveaway is much appreciated. Good luck!

http://raveandview.blogspot.com/2015/12/rave-views-1st-blogsary-giveaway.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.