Friday, June 5, 2015

First Impression: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner




Today, I'm going to be giving a first impression on the over-hyped gel eyeliner from Maybelline. This is not a new product of the brand but I just decided to give it a go since I've been reading positive feedback about it. The tagline - 24 hour long lasting gel eyeliner got me. Let's see further. 





For the benefit of my new readers, I usually go for inexpensive products that are effective. I haven't tested this gel eyeliner before so I couldn't vouch for its effectiveness. I have yet to check if it's really worth the price. It's original price is Php 449 but it was on sale when I got it for Php 360 (20% off). I just recently moved to a new place so I misplaced the original packaging but this item came with a brush. It's in a tiny frosted jar.


I swatched it first to see the consistency of the product. I can see that it's opaque and quite heavily pigmented. It's easy to apply but takes a while to dry. I also tried smudging it and it did smudge. 



Given that I have oily eyelids because I didn't wear any primer, it really took time for the product to dry resulting to transfer onto my eyelid.


I just managed to clean the area where visible smudges are to make it look neat. I thought I might try applying an eyelid primer first next time so it would work. I don't know with you guys but it didn't work for me. I got disappointed because I had high hopes for it. 


I'm not certain if it was I who fell short in terms of the manner of application why it didn't work the way it's supposed to. But I will give this product a chance. I will give it one more try and keep you guys posted. 

Have you tried Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eye Gel? If so, what are your thoughts about it? I really want to know how you made it work for you. Feel free to comment below. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.