Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Thoughts On Avon Anew 15-in-1 CC Cream | Review




Working from home doesn't stop me from doing things like primping my self up. Taking care of your skin indicates that you love yourself, too! That is why having a good skin care regimen is imperative. The latest addition to my refinement products is this Avon's Anew 15-in-1 CC cream. To be honest, I feel a little pang of jealousy of those who already tried this product while here I am, just starting to rave about it. If not for my mom, I wouldn't learn about Avon's CC cream. She's friends with an Avon lady and she decided to get me this as her Christmas present for half of its retail price: P399 (on sale). Good job, Mom!


Being the frugal woman that I am, I'd hesitate to buy something for the price, honestly speaking. First, the packaging got me thinking, "is it really not expensive?" Because I know that Avon is not high end but if you are going to base it on the recent skin care products they carry, I guess they now are. Avon didn't scrimp on the formulation and the packaging at the same time, considering its price.



This is my first CC cream product so I have nothing to compare it against, so this review is again based on the effectiveness of the product and how it worked on me. Unlike the first BB Cream I ever tried, this has got the barely-there feeling. Compared to my second brand of BB Cream, this has just the right amount of drying time. It is easy to apply without fretting that it might leave a stain just one part of skin if not immediately blended. 


Let me pinpoint my experience with the product after several times of usage:
  • Moisturize skin 
  • Brightens complexion  
  • Reduces the look of yellowness
  • Helps even out skin tone
  • Provides hydration
  • Reduce dullness
  • Pores appear reduced 
  • Diminishes the look of fine lines
  • Hides imperfections X
  • Helps protect the skin from discoloration
  • Skin appears to look more radiant
  • Helps improve translucency  
  • Helps protect against environmental stressors  
  • Helps protect your skin against sun damage 
  • Contains Anti-oxidants
Well, I won't be picky about the fact that it has just SPF30 compared to my stand alone sunscreen which has SPF60 because what Anew CC Cream offers is something compact and light, if you know what I mean. I gave an X with regard not being able to hide imperfections, because it has only light to medium coverage. If you are looking for something with full coverage, you may want to use this as your makeup base and top it off with foundation. In my photo below, it was used as is, no foundation at all but I finished it with loose powder.


One of the things I like about it is the silky-smooth finish. It is not completely flat and matte but rather it makes your skin more radiant looking and healthy. I won't grumble further even if the pimple scar right below my left nostril and dark circles under my eyes are still evident. Have I mentioned about the smell? It reminds me of those balikbayan boxes we receive from our relatives living in the U.S. Sorry, if I am at a loss for adjectives.


Here is how it looked on my face after 4.5 hours. I ran errands and good thing my glasses got me covered because my under eyes looked so droopy. But here's what I found out! Oh man, it didn't transfer that much to the sheet of facial napkin when I blotted up. That only means that the product was adhered to my face all the way.


I just find this CC Cream economical because it was on sale when my mom bought it but I am not certain if it is really practical to buy a 30mg tube if it's on its regular price, P699 ($15.54). I'll continue using it until I finish it up and update this post from time to time. For now, I am really happy about it. If you haven't tried this out, please do and let's compare notes. Thanks again for stopping by!!!


Share This

.

.