Thursday, March 3, 2016

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner | Updated Review



I just usually edit my existing blogs whenever I try to insert updates or add-ons and this is going to be my first time to make a separate blog for a major update. I guess, that's the right thing to do since I want to correct something I had mistakenly thought.

In my first review on Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, I definitely did something wrong why the product didn't work on me. As I get to use different cosmetics of different brands, the more I learn how to work on them according to my skin type and technique. Having to learn more application techniques is a huge factor as well in working different products out.

Here are a few things I discovered in using eye liners in gel form:
  • Make sure that your eyelids are dry and oil-free before applying any sort of eyeliner in gel form especially if you are going for a no-eyeshadow look. That way, your gel eyeliner will dry quickly and won't smudge.
  • Just like any cream or gel-based products, it's a good idea to set them with powder to keep the product stay in place for hours. Set it with any matte eyeshadow same as your gel eyeliner's shade and you'll be surprised with how it'd going to hold up to your lids.
  • Use a flat angled eyeliner brush to achieve precised eye line.
Applying it on oily eyelids is a no-no.
I corrected my mistake right away after my first attempt and yeah, it did work! It goes to show that some products just don't work on us because of the tools we use with them, type of stroke or technique, the product's formulation just doesn't match our skin type, the activities we do after wearing the product and failing to give them a second chance. Using a product for the first time is a hit-and-miss kind of thing. You got to do what you got to do sometimes to make them work.

Brow undone but hey, my winged eyeliner is on fleek this time.



I would also like to know if you have missed a product before but you were able to redeem it and made it work? I'd appreciate if you leave a comment below. Thank you for stopping by! Until my next, my beloved RaveViewers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.