Tuesday, November 24, 2015

DIY: 2-ingredient Makeup Setting Spray




I have been wanting to try to make my own makeup setting spray so here it is now. I saw a lot of recipes on Pinterest but I chose the Aloe Vera gel without glycerin. Not only does it help your makeup stay in place for a long time but it also prevents your skin from getting dry especially under the sun. We will only be needing two ingredients, a spray bottle and you're good to go. 



  1. Sanitize the bottle with hot water. Let it dry.
  2. Pour one part of the Aloe Vera Gel and three parts of distilled water into the bottle.
  3. Shake well. 
More tips:
  • Hold the nozzle of the bottle 15-20 inches away from your face. You just want to mist your face and not get it wet.
  • You can put more Aloe Vera gel if you have oily skin.
  • You may add a few drops of Vitamin E oil for longer shelf life.
  • You may also use this as Aloe hair spritz just by adding two squeezes of your favorite leave-in conditioner.

There you have it! You now have your very own makeup setting spray. It is easy to make and very economical. It just cost me less than $4 for everything I used. I am looking forward to using this in my upcoming MOTD posts. Until my next DIY post. Have a great day!


Share This

.

.