Sunday, January 10, 2016

Silantro (Fil-Mex Cuisine) Cantina - Dagupan City



(ctto)

Finally, I got to partake and savor Fil-Mex dishes at Silantro - Dagupan City. I am not certain though if it is the same as the one in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. It was just a small hole-in-the-wall with around six or seven tables. It was a little bit crowded when my food buddies and I arrived at quarter past 12. I heard that this place is being visited by a lot of foodies the entire day, non-stop so I thought, we were lucky to secure a table for three without waiting in vain.

(ctto)

Maybe, the management wanted to keep the size of the place that way, just maybe. The first thing I noticed is that the service was fast. They won't prolong your drooling which was a good thing. If the place was any bigger, I won't think the food attendants and the cook/chef could keep up with the influx of the orders and food to cook or prepare. So, I guess the size was just right.





For starters, we got ourselves Beef Nachos (P170). Toppings were not cut back and you can even ask your dip to be refilled. It comes in three kinds of dips - sour cream, guacamole, and the curry dip which was both literally and figuratively the bomb among the three. Just writing about it now makes me drool again, oh my...


Next my cousin, order for Beef Quesadilla (P160). This was just her second option because her original order Pancholon's Burger was not available at that moment. The fries were tasty but the Quesadilla itself (and my soft Taco for P75 which is not in the photo) was something that did not live up my expectations. I think it fell short with the cheese they used that made the whole thing a little bit soggy.


Third order was the Caliente Wings (P180). Being a spicy food lover that I am, its 'calienteness' did not pass my tolerance. It was rather sweet than hot. The tenderness of each wing compensated the sweetness though. I asked my cousins if the attendant just forgot to ask me my choice of 'calienteness'. I should have said, "strong please" rather than saying nothing at all. I'll do that next time.


And the winner IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER (pun intended) is SILANTRO's Pork Ribs (P220). It didn't need any dip nor sauce at all because the flavor already bites in each strand of the meat. No exaggeration but it was really mouth-watering and worth the price. We ordered for Mojito (P90/glass) and surprisingly the glass was a bit tall. The kick from the cocktail was not too strong for lunch time so it's perfect to have it as our beverage while eating. It was rather refreshing than intoxicating. All the food in the menu is not overpriced, at least for me. Serving for each entry was for 3-4 people depending on how hungry the person is. We just paid P1125 in total for everything. How awesome was that?

Suggestion: The place needs more ventilation like the exhaust fan so the customers won't smell pungent spices and herbs when they leave the place.


My food buddies

Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina is located at Perez Boulevard, Dagupan City (alongside Music Warehouse). Best time to visit is before lunch because when we left the place, there was a long queue of people waiting for table availability. There you go, I hope this honest review helps.


Camera used: Alcatel Idol 3 (full review here)
Editing program: Photoshop CS4 (cropping and watermark)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

.

.