Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Glamworks Hair Removal Cold Wax Kit | Review



I never paid too much attention to my facial hair until I started doing cosmetic brand reviews especially lip products. Of course, doing reviews on lip products obligates you to take zoomed in photos of your lips. When I first did a review on a lip product, seeing zoomed in photos of my upper lip kind of grossed me out. Facial hair is not really appealing especially to women. That being said, I'm going to do a review on Glam Works Hair Removal Cold Wax Kit and check out its effectiveness.

 
The box contains a 50g of cold wax in a tube, (1) plastic double-ended tine-tip spatula and ample sheets of wax paper that can be cut into smaller strips. The wax paper's texture is similar to a felt paper in my opinion. 

What it says in the box: Glamworks Hair Removal Cold Wax Kit is easy-to-use and no heating is required. The cold wax is enriched with honey to moisturize the skin. This gentle formula leaves your skin silky and smooth.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Clean skin and pat dry. 
2. Apply the cold wax onto your skin with the spatula, completely covering the hair to be removed.
3. Cover the wax with the waxing paper.
4. Firmly rub the strip in the same direction your hair grows for 10 seconds.
5. Stretch the skin taut and hold firmly. Quickly pull the strips back on itself against the direction of hair growth keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible.


I don't give up easily and I usually try other methods apart from how it was instructed in the packaging. So I gave it another try by applying a thin coat of the wax. Left the wax strip on top of my skin longer than 10 seconds this time. Pressed the strip against my skin to ensure adhesion of the product. To my disappointment, it didn't work still.


When I tried the same application in another area like the back of my hand, it worked to my surprise. I repeatedly pressed the wax strip against my skin (bouncing motion) and tried different directions whenever I pull away. True enough, that part of my skin turned pink. I guess that is the only claim they were able to deliver. LOL!


In the picture above, those strands were from my back hand with the use of the bouncing motion method. However, when I tried the same procedure back to my upper lip, it still didn't work which I find strange. My persistence didn't help this product work.
  
CAUTION:
- Not suitable for use on the head, breast or genital areas.
- Not suitable for the elderly, diabetic or pregnant women.
- Not recommended if you have suffered an adverse reaction to waxing previously. If in doubt, consult your doctor before use. If you are on medication that affects your skin or you have skin related disorders, consult your doctor before use.
- Do not use within 2 hours of showering, bathing, or sunbathing.
- It is recommended you carry out a small patch test before full use. If after 24 hours you do not suffer an adverse reaction, continue to use.
- Do not use soap, water or alcohol to clean skin after waxing. (If I can't use water, how will I clean the sticky residue of the honey wax then?!)
- Recommended to wait 24 hours after waxing before applying antiperspirant or perfumed products on the waxed area.
- After waxing, it is recommended to wait 24 hours before sunbathing or swimming.
- It is common for skin to turn pink or red after waxing. If you experience any unusual discomfort while using this product, apply a cold compress (pack) and stop use immediately. Consult your doctor if necessary.
- In case of ingestion , consult your doctor immediately. If you have children (especially toddlers) at home, keep products like this out of their reach.
- Do not use on irritated, broken or sunburnt skin, varicose veins, moles or scars.
- For external use only. 

Overall Assessment:
  • It is affordable for P99 and available at Watson's. This package was not purchased by me, though. It was given by a good friend who is also into trying out different brands.
  • I can keep up with the messiness of the application process and all but it didn't really work on me. I am okay with the thin hair on the back of my hand. What I wanted to pull out were the ones on my upper lips.
  • The consistency of this product is like thick syrup but not runny. It could have worked if the cold wax was a lot tackier than it already was, I reckoned.
  • I don't recommend this product. Spending almost a hundred pesos for this product is NOT at all worth it. 

I hope you find this review helpful. Please leave me a comment regarding wax kits that you already tried out and worked on you. Thank you for dropping by and have a blessed week ahead!

 

3 comments:

  1. It didn't work on me as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here it didn't work ,I'm just wastin my money ..my god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to Get Rid of Female Facial Hair. Facial hair is natural, even on females, but it can be embarrassing.
    How to Remove Facial Hair

    ReplyDelete

Share This

.

.