Sunday, April 12, 2015

How To Insert Multiple Links In A Single Image {simplified}





Have you  ever been so helpless beautifying your blog but didn't know how? That moment when you wanted to connect with your readers so badly but you didn't even understand what HTML and CSS codes are for. I've been in that situation before but I'm delighted to say, not anymore since I managed to come up with my own simplified procedure by 'patching' all the ideas up. I'd like to thank all my favorite generous bloggers for giving away the idea on how to understand HTML and how it works. 

Today, we're going to be customizing a social media button to be placed on your blog's sidebar. Without further ado, let's get started shall we?



First, I will show you how to generate an image URL without using Photobucket. You just need to open a new post and follow the steps below:


An HTML code will be generated for you, like so:


Then click here. You will be asked to enter your image's URL. Close and DO NOT publish.


After clicking on start button, your image will appear and get ready for the next step.


Before clicking on FINISH button, you need to select an area first where your first link will be targeted to:


Repeat the same step on all your social media icons. In my case, I only have four but you can add more social network sites like Youtube, Instagram, etc.

Click on FINISH button and copy the generated HTML code:


Go back to your blogger's dashboard > Layout > Add gadget > choose HTML/Javascript then paste the code and hit save.


And there you go! You're done! Here's how my social media button looks like:



There you have it! You may now create your own button as well. I hope you find this post informative. Feel free to ask me if you have any question. Thank you for stopping by!



    3 comments:

    1. tnx!!
      Xo

      V.

      http://fashionneed09.blogspot.it/

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great post :) I've always wondered how to do this!

      Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for dropping by, Natalie. BTW, your subscription box from GlossyBox made me drool.

        Delete

    Share This

    .

    .